RopeCAM is a standalone software specifically developed for CNC programming of so called "ropethreads", where in machining a standard lathetool or plungetool is used as opposed to using a "formtool" with the same shape as the threadprofile. These types of threads are very common in the mining industry, and are very timeconsuming to program without a efficient software for the purpose.
Support for most special thread types
RopeCAM supports both ropethreads, trapezoid threads and buttress threads with userdefineable taper/sideangle and top/bottom chamfers/radiuses. The turning routines support both roughing and finishing.
Easy to use
The threadshape is first defined in a graphical dialog. After this the increment (stepover) for the tool is defined, this controls the surface smoothness. The toolpath can then be simulated and finally the toolpath is converted to a CNC program for the CNC control of choice. The CNC program is typically a number of syncronised threadmoves (typically G32/G33). The postprocessor that creates the code can be easily modified by the user to suit any CNC machinetool.
- Buttress thread NC-programming.
- More advanced thread profile follow up.
- Thread roughing by values given by user.
- More advanced thread profile simulation with Zoom and speed control.
- Possibility to measure tool from middle or from corner.
- Possibility to programming flat proportion to thread top and/or bottom.
- International regional settings.
- Trapezoid thread, acme thread NC-turning.
- Trapezoid thread, acme thread measurements table.
- Possibility to add thread measurements and cutting parameters as comments to NC-code.
- Theoretical Surface Roughnes (Ra) calculation.
- Scallop Height calculation.
- Buttress thread features (different side angles and radius).
- Multible thread programming.
- Selection of Thread profile machining direction (+/-).
- Thread profile with rounded bottom.
- Q-type NC-code for Mori Seiki lathes.
- Project management, open, save, save as…
- Variable pitch support for all thread type.
- Entry/Exit taper.
- Buttress thread With vertical flank (SIEMENS KUN 301.04 Standard).
Developer: RopeCAM is developed by Cenic Finland OY