The GibbsCAM WireEDM module has a complete built in CAD for easy and fast creation of geometry including splines gears and camcurves. In all solidsbased GibbsCAM packages you can also import and create solidmodels aswell as create toolpath based on solid models. CAD files can be imported as DXF, DWG and IGES, and with the solids addon all major 3D CAD formats are also supported.
Support for most Wire machines
The WEDM module supports all leading brands of WEDM machines, and postprocessors for Agie, Charmilles, Mitsubishi, Fanuc, Sodick and more is included with the package.
WireEDM machining strategies include
- 2-axis with or w/o taper and land (straight portion + taper)
- choice of conical/cylindrical cornerradius in tapermode
- 4-axis simultaneous (XY + UV) with Autosync and Manual sync
- User definable / multiple gluestops
- Multiple parts machining, sorting of machining order
- Userdefineable offsettables / built in technology tables
- Coreless machining